Call us now
0161 358 0800

What to do if You’ve Been Injured in a Public Place

What to do if You’ve Been Injured in a Public Place

Posted 4 years ago by in

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, there can be a lot of people and organisations to deal with, especially in the initial few weeks. Here are some tips that you can use to help in certain situations

Please note that these tips do not constitute legal advice and are for guidance purposes only. If you would like to discuss an accident that you have been involved in, please contact us.

  • Do not admit liability, even partial fault until you have sought independent legal advice.
  • If there are any witnesses, take full name(s), contact telephone numbers, addresses and emails.
  • Take photographs of the accident scene with a camera or your camera phone.
  • Check to see if there are any CCTV cameras that may have caught the accident, before you leave the scene. If so, ask for a copy.
  • Report the accident. For example, if the accident happened on someone’s property, report it to the Manager and ensure that an entry is made in the Accident Report Book and obtain a copy.
  • If you or any person involved in the accident is injured, consider calling an ambulance or seek medical advice as soon as possible.
  • If you believe the accident was not your fault, seek independent legal advice from a specialist personal injury law firm, such as Aequitas Legal.

If you have been unfortunately involved in an accident or injured in a public place, you may feel distressed and feel very vulnerable.

Most people will recover from their accident / injury however there are others who unfortunately develop a long-term disability which impacts their day to day lives where, the individual and their families can both suffer.

The physical aspect of the accident / injury is a lot of pain, discomfort plus mental distress. But it has other consequences such as financial stress caused by having to take time off work which often results in a loss of earnings or sometimes losing a job as you are no longer capable of carrying out work duties.

Accidents in public places can occur in a variety of places including:

  • Supermarkets
  • Pubs
  • Nightclubs
  • Shops
  • Cafes
  • Restaurants
  • Theme parks
  • Indoor and outdoor activity venues

For further guidance and friendly advice, give us a call.

Request a call back from one of our claims specialists
or call us now
0161 358 0800

Your privacy is our primary concern.
Information on how we use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Accreditations & Awards

National Entrepreneur Awards
Investors in people
The law society
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce