Cycle Accident Claim Specialists
Much of what is said in our Road Traffic Accidents section will apply to cyclists but at Aequitas Legal we are more than aware that cycle accidents require
Not sure if you can claim? For friendly, helpful advice call our specialist cycling claims experts on 0161 358 0800.
As vulnerable road users, the injuries suffered by a cyclist can often be serious and your cycle accident, however serious, is important to us. We take great pleasure in getting the right result for cyclists! Whether you are a leisure rider, commuter, serious roadie or mountain biker, we can help. We understand that getting you and your bike back on the road is often very important.
We have solicitors who are mad-keen cyclists themselves and so understand the issues involved in a cycle accidents. Whether you have been involved in a cycle accident caused by another road user or due to a pothole, or whether your cycle accident is due to equipment or component failure, we can help and advise you.
Our cycle claims solicitors keep up to date with developments in the world of cycling. They understand the arguments which insurance companies often try to raise to lower compensation pay-outs.
Cycle Claims Hints & Tips:
- Report the accident to the police urgently, particularly if the driver responsible drives away without stopping;
- Take down details of the offending vehicle car registration, driver name, address and telephone number and, if possible, details of any witnesses to your accident;
- If your accident was due to hitting a pothole on a road, take photographs as soon as possible of the offending hole or other defect/problem with the road.
- Take photographs of any damage to your bike and clothing and keep the damaged items for assessment;
- Get a couple of repair quotes from your local bike shop or the shop where you bought the bike including a report confirming the pre-accident value of your bike;
- Keep any repair receipts and receipts for replacement clothing, helmet and any other items;